FLORIDA FLY FISHING ASSOCIATION
P. O. Box 542345
Merritt Island, FL 32954-2345
The Florida Fly Fishing Association is dedicated to provide the knowledge, fellowship and enjoyment of fly fishing as well as the protection and conservation of Florida’s fisheries. We provide information and instruction in all aspects of fly fishing, such as fly casting, fly tying, fly rod building, techniques for freshwater and marine game fish, and tactics for fishing specific areas. We offer—
• A General Membership Meeting (open to the public) on the fourth Tuesday of each month, January thru November, at Kay’s Bar-B-Q on SR 520 in Cocoa (just west of Clearlake Rd). The meeting starts at 7 p.m. and features guest speakers, slide-show programs, films or demonstrations. Try to come by 6 p.m. if you would like to join us for dinner (ordering from the menu).
• A Workshop on the second Tuesday of each month, January thru November, at Kay’s BBQ, 1552 West King Street (Route 520) in Cocoa, starting at 6:30PM. The workshop provides detailed discussion and instruction on a wide variety of fly fishing topics, with normal emphasis on fly tying. Come early to eat dinner prior.
• Monthly Fishing Trips provide an opportunity to catch different freshwater and marine species, explore different bodies of water, apply knowledge and techniques obtained through various FFFA programs and develop new fishing partners through the random pairing of boaters and non-boaters.
• Fly Casting Clinics are scheduled as needed. They provide individual instruction for the beginner and advanced casters. Video equipment records your session for an additional learning experience.
• Mentor Program – This is a voluntary program that helps a new member become better acquainted with the diverse interests and activities of the FFFA. This program provides a more personal point of contact in meeting the general membership and learning more about the many worlds of fly fishing.
• Special Fly Tying Sessions are periodically scheduled to provide insight into material selection and tying techniques as well as an opportunity to tie standard and specialized fly designs in preparation for specific FFFA fishing trips.
• Monthly News – Monthly News will be updated on the website and will replace the newsletter formerly sent out and known as “Fish’n’Rag”., Watch the website for the monthly updates on FFFA events and activities, items of local fishing interests, fishing reports, etc..
• Special Workshops are available as needed to offer hands-on programs, such as building a fly rod, constructing a leader, tying knots, or preparing for special FFFA fishing trips.
• The Website Gallery contains a wealth of useful information with topics on the FFFA, fly fishing techniques, fly casting, fly tying, rod building, knots, leader systems, fish identification, etc.
• The Website is also informative on the FFFA club objectives and its activities including the newsletters, photos, coming events, etc. It can be accessed at www.floridaflyfishing.org. Notice: “.org”
We sincerely invite you to share with us the fun, fellowship and learning experience of fly fishing and ask you to help us in our efforts to protect and conserve our fisheries. If you are interested in learning more about the FFFA, please call one of the following members:
David Harbour, 321- 298-6802
Joe Sherer, 321-615-2398
Don Killingsworth, 850-766-6835
Bill Bryant, 770-354-3810
Keith Braun, 298-7456